Monday, December 7, 2009

Painful Grouping

Have you ever had one of those groups that just makes your hiney hurt?

I'm not complaining about people not knowing their class or not knowing how to play the game, I'm talking one of those groups that just doesn't *mesh* right. The type that takes you 3 hours to do Old Kingdom... yeah those groups.

These people are competant raiders. Here is the makeup of the group; DK tank, Priest healer, Shadow Priest, Rogue, and Hunter. The hunter is my hubby and as such will not be the target of any bitching. He's good at what he does, he spends hours upon hours building spreadsheets witht he best gear for his character and where it comes from. He keeps up to date on every single class change and talent point update. Trust me, he does know his shit.

I was the Shadow Priest, and admittedly I'm new to the DPS game. I ground out about 8-10 regular ToC runs and upgraded some of my gear, but I still have some lvl 70 epic Sunwell stuff. I just haven't found better yet, and frankly I won't until I'm out of the 5 man content I'm pretty sure.

Sure Sunflare isn't the most updated thing in the world, but I didn't get any better from questing because... well I leveled her PVP. I guess I should mention that too.

Now understandably I'm putting out sub-par DPS. This is why I didn't force myself onto the LFG system and some poor schmucks who just wanted a quick instance. I instead forced myself onto some guildies.

The DK tank hasn't done 5mans in ages. He's a conpetant tank and raids with us. Hell they use him to off tank adds in raids. He is that good.

The Rogue I don't know very well. I want to say he's been on some raids with us, but I just don't know the guy.

The Priest healer is an alt. of one of our raiders as well. She typically plays a warlock.

Now the makeup sounds good, if a little heavy on the priests, but not something that would lead to repeated wipes and painful progression in a heroic right? Well you'd be wrong. I don't know what it was, but between the of us we coudn't down one boss without a wipe, EXCEPT for the mind control guy... not sure how we managed that.

We were going to beeline for the boss to go burn the corpses at, but after the first wipe we didn't have corpses to burn anymore.... (fix it Blizz... you know you read my blog as a guilty pleasure).

There was just *something* missing from the entire thing and it frustrated me to no end. Hubby of course blew me out of the water DPS wise, but I knew that would happen. The Rogue was not subpar either... it was just a convoluted mess I think...

Well two of us were drunk, but I'm not even going to mention that... I play drunk all the time.

Quick Shoutout to my guys at Pansy Division. Thanks for the mention and I love the show. Keep up the good work. (Can you tell I'm behind on my podcasts?)

No comments:

Post a Comment